Brainstorming for 2nd Phase Track Modernisation21/07 16:24
Rly Bridge Forum21/07 16:26
General Forum23/07 09:51
Works Forum23/07 10:03
Track Machine Forum07/07 09:10
ROB/RUB/LXING Forum19/07 19:15
Track Procurement Forum20/06 16:15
 How to use RSS
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/IRICEN1/themes/fisubsilversh/theme.php:138) in /var/www/html/IRICEN1/includes/sessions.php on line 249 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/IRICEN1/themes/fisubsilversh/theme.php:138) in /var/www/html/IRICEN1/includes/sessions.php on line 250
Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/IRICEN1/themes/fisubsilversh/theme.php:138) in /var/www/html/IRICEN1/includes/page_header.php on line 477 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/IRICEN1/themes/fisubsilversh/theme.php:138) in /var/www/html/IRICEN1/includes/page_header.php on line 479 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/IRICEN1/themes/fisubsilversh/theme.php:138) in /var/www/html/IRICEN1/includes/page_header.php on line 480

View previous topic View next topic

S. RAVI
XEN/works/CN/MS (Retired)

Shared Documents

No. of
Replies: 7679

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:55 am Back to top

The following message appear in the new web site also but without posting again whwn view the forum the message appears in the first instance itself, but it shows there is an error, hence members posted the message again and again. The administrator look in to the problem it appears not always only a few times when posting were posted, "Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 554 Authentication failed

DEBUG MODE

Line : 170
File : C:\apache2\htdocs\includes\smtp.php" "

- S.RAVI  AXEN/works/CN/MS ... 23-07-08

Ajeet Kumar
Dy CE/Con/Jubilee Bridge/ SDAH

Shared Documents

No. of
Replies: 209

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:12 pm Back to top

i do not know but since the new website is launched, it is taking more time to open the page of this site on my computer. earlier the site was very fast. even other sites are fast now but iricen site opening has become slow

- Ajeet Kumar DEN/Con/JMP ... 23-07-08

V Natarajan
AEN(TP)CCG

Shared Documents

No. of
Replies: 2474

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:40 pm Back to top

In the website, the item of forrum jump is seen in the bottom of the screen only when posting a reply and not seen while surfing the discussion forrum as a result when ever we want to jump from one forrum to the other we have to go through home page, discussion forrum and then the forrum (Track/bridge/Works/General). An item of forrum jump can be provided in all branches of the discussion forrum

Will not the earlier system of having all the menus appearing at all times at left hand side below members photo be better for jumping from one to the other without having to go to the home page every time.

- V. Natarajan ADEN(spl works)BVP ... 24-07-08

S. RAVI

Shared Documents

No. of

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:37 pm Back to top

The water mark reading IRICEN defacing the face of members to be made at extreme bottom. And the error in posting appears only when posting under this head always. but not posting in other heads. Reasons yet to be identified.

S. SAYED ABBAS
ADEN/ONGOLE/SC RLY.

Shared Documents

Replies: 11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:52 pm Back to top

1. Only photograph on the home page isnot giving soothing look and appears to be forced on the page. It is not merging with page.
2. There appears to be no need to show the picture of building under construction and it is giving very shabby look.
3. Very important place on home page is occupied by RTES. The logo is not giving impressive look. Moreover it is also not conveying any meaning at the outset. If required some good logo should be developed for RTES. Like earlier the space should be reserved for the message from the director or ME.
4. Main home page is giving barren look and almost 70% space is wasted. This space can be used in a better way giving some rich look to the home page.
5. It is OK if the new site is developed by some Railway Person but if developed through outsourcing then no payment should be made to the party.
6. Earlier home page was much better, richer & royal look(like that of the engineers) than the present one. It used to give the refletion of Engineer's site. Present one appears to be developed just for the sake of the change with not much thought process into it.

- SYED ABBAS AXEN/C/RU ... 25-07-08

K.K. PATIL
CE/TMC/SEC RLY

Shared Documents

No. of
Replies: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:59 pm Back to top

Yes Mr Sayed Abbas. The site is required to renovated keeping its originality. Director sir may kindly look into the suggestions given by Mr Sayed.

- K.K. PATIL CE/TMC/SEC RLY ... 25-07-08

V. B. Sood
Director (B & S)

Shared Documents

Replies: 1642

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:38 pm Back to top

The members are having many concerns and this is welcome as the website belongs to them, and they are the stakeholders as well as the content providers. The debug mode error and, probably the slowness of the site to some extent, is the result of some error in the proxy server here. We are on the job and looking for the ways to tackle this problem.

As regards the look of the website, it is matter of personal choice and nothing else. So many people have congratulated on the new look and the feel of the website which is very warm as compared to the earlier one. Also, the colours and layout cannot be posted without the express approval of the IRICEN, how is the contractor responsible for the same? When the website gets stabilized, and we have incorporated more substantial suggestions, we will work on the colours and give members different colours, and may be have a poll as to which one maximum no of people like.

The website is lot easier to navigate except for the discussion forum. The buttons for the discussion forum are expected to be on by tommorrow. In fact, there are more improvements in the offing.

As regards the location of watermark, the purpose of the same is to prevent misuse of the photos on the website. If the watermark goes below the face, the whole purpose gets defeated. The water mark is very light in colour and lets people know who is the person behind the mark, which is good enough for the purpose of this site. If required, the watermark can be made slightly lighter.

- Vivek Bhushan Sood Professor/Track-II ... 25-07-08

S. RAVI

Shared Documents

No. of

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:37 am Back to top

Thank you sir, The time is made correct. As suggested by you other things can be put to pool for getting all the members views.

V Natarajan
AEN(TP)CCG

Shared Documents

No. of

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:36 am Back to top

The look of the new web site is definately better. But i like the structure of of the earlier website which was more easier for surfing and approaching the various menus from which ever location in the website we are in. ie. transition/ approach was quicker. May be we may get accustomed to the new website by usage

The new features in the new website are definately an added advantage.

Some good railway photographs can be on the home page. The photograph of the model of the new IRICEN building can be on the home page instead of the construction site which can be shown under new developments in iricen through a menu. There can be a menu for innovations where literature on innovations done in various railways can be shown. An innovation however small it can be will produce a change and can lead to a bigger invension.

I request the members to give constructive suggessions and avoid comments like asking not to make payment to the party developing the website which is in the domain of IRICEN which again depends on wheather the web page development is as per requirements advised by them to the party and as per conditions in the tender.

C.H. Batheja
Bangalore

Shared Documents

No. of
Replies: 146

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:51 am Back to top

Dear Abbas Sir,
I appreciate your concerns about the site.
However i would like to mention that the core competency of the Railways does not lie in the "IT" field. As such it behoves on the Railways to recognise their place in the outside world and understand how the market works and how it can impact the Railways. - In the present case understand what is the present day cost of services in the IT market.

Regarding the 5th point mentioned by you - we sometimes tend to think (erroneously) that the Railway cadres can handle all fields of technology to such an extent that we become intolerable to the contractors.
In plain terms, be assured that you cant expect a better service than this - at the costs offered - also offering more cost than this would NOT be in the taxpayers interest.

Secondly, the BEAUTY of the website/ discussion forum lies in the RICHNESS of the technical content of the topics discussed.

IRICEN HAS DONE ITS BIT. - It is now for the MEMBERS to contribute by IMPROVING the richness of the technical content discussed here.

P.S.: I also doubt whether the above postings in the name of Sh. Abbas and Sh. K.K.Patil are genuine. They seem to be stolen IDs- which have never before participated in the forum.

- C.H. Batheja Pune ... 26-07-08

Last edited by batheja on Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

V Natarajan
AEN(TP)CCG

Shared Documents

No. of

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:13 am Back to top

How is it the logo in place of their photographs is the same (`C'). Is it a new feature in the new IRICEN website that such logo appears if photo is not uploaded. I could not find this logo in their profile where space for photo is blank.

Further the time interval between the two posting is just six minutes creating a doubt that both the postings are done by the same person in two userIDs which are easily available even to any non-railway person by sending an E-mail to IRICEN where no details of the user are called.

It would be better to incorporate some standard application form through signing in for new users in the website (just as we have to fill in for creating any mail address) and then advise user ID and pass word to their E-mail address.

I would therefore request all members to fill in all details in their profile and upload the photos as well to avoid such doubts on their authenticity.

S. RAVI

Shared Documents

No. of

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:59 pm Back to top

As already written in this forum by shri Vivek Bhushand,Professor/Track-II , the web site should be prepared that persons without photo identity and verification of the same with the telephone number Railway or BSNL or any private operators should not be engaged. As pointed out byShri.C.H. Batheja, whether the above postings in the name of Sh. Abbas and Sh. K.K.Patil are genuine.

V. B. Sood
Director (B & S)

Shared Documents

Replies: 1642

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:23 pm Back to top

[size=18:e9b6944381]The blank photograph was coming from two different files, one was jpg and other gif. This is another of the various bugs in the old website, which we have tried to remove. The jpg was getting mixed with the IRICEN watermark and the other one was not. The matter is being addressed. The C is very large as the blank has very less pixels. You can see that people who have uploaded very big photos of theirs, the watermark is very small, sometimes seen as a speck on the nose. Let us see if we can address this problem and give a uniform size watermark for all photos.

The programming for preventing the people without photograph and address from participating is already under testing. We have to ensure that genuine members are not affected.

Thanks for the members' comments[/size:e9b6944381]

- Vivek Bhushan Sood Professor/Track-II ... 26-07-08

S. RAVI

Shared Documents

No. of

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:37 pm Back to top

Mr.HEMANT BHAGORIA Dy.CE/C/TPTY, sir, if your post is the last one you can able to delete the same, if some body reply in that topic you can only edit the same, to- day I have made an experiment 1 hour after my posting since nobody reply to the topic I am able to delete the message as provision in the old web site,

S. SAYED ABBAS
ADEN/ONGOLE/SC RLY.

Shared Documents

Replies: 11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:43 am Back to top

My Item no.5 mentioned in previuos posting was just out of my emotional attachment to the home page of the old site. I did not mean what the meaning is being take/read by the other members. If somebody is hurt by this item, I take it back. My views were basically on the appearance of the front home page and not about technical aspects and the other pages. There is no doubt that the our site is very RICH about technical aspects and discussion forum is one of the main pillars of the site. Other departments have also appreciated the technical richness of the site.
The right to participation is not limited to only few as mentioned by one of the regular members that I am not a regular participant in the discussion forum. I always gets benefited going through various rich discussions on the discussion forum and, obviously, I am a regular user of the site.
My only intention was to mention that the appearance of the first page(Home page) needs to be improved and my stand regarding this aspect is same as mentioned earlier.

- SYED ABBAS AXEN/C/RU ... 29-07-08
View previous topic View next topic